Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Ice Cream English

Yes. We officially now have a NEW President. Yes, NEW, figuratively.

Here's to another entry I wrote a long time ago (the time I was predicting Noynoy would become a President). Another whimsical thought I weaved in the present--perhaps a family appreciating the beauty of language and supposed-to-be good politics.


One night, my brother and I bought some groceries. We had Ma Leng, two eggs (the other one was broken, the cashier put it underneath the Ma Leng can), two Lucky Me Beef noodles, monay, and Selecta Double Ice Cream (super chocolate and Double dutch).

It was a very late merienda. We ate monay with ice cream, or vice versa (if you wish). After my mother had taken her first scoop of ice cream, she told us, "Delicious mga anak." To which I replied, "Yeah of course mother. That’s our favorite." And my brother agreed with a "Yes!!" I asked my brother, "Do you already have a girl friend?" He answered "No..."

I asked "why?"

He told me, "Well I wanna be single and virgin forever," to which my mother reacted, "Oh my golly, my dear son, please have a girl friend. Or may be you want a boy friend, do you?"

My brother got irritated and squeezed his nose and said "My nose is bleeding."

Because of what? No English words can describe that.

No comments:

Post a Comment